another random post! this time is about my love for reading manga, manwha and comics.
I have a collection of comic books, especially the ones with the manga-style drawings. Most of my books are either from Gempak Artists, Japanese Mangaka, or Korean Manwha Artists.
My taste in comic plots and stories are action, fiction, drama and romance. Lets just say that most of my Gempak comics book are drawn by Kaoru and Ben (their pen names! XD). Japanese manga I usually read online but i do have some books with me too. I like to read up Aizawa Yui's manga. Korean Manwha, hm, I'm a fan for the folklore type of stories. And usually i go for random manwha artists. :P
On another note, sometimes I read doujinshi as a fresh break from all the manga. Btw, doujinshi are are self-published Japanese works, usually manga or novels. :)
Comics! Ah! I like reading comics! The comics I grew up reading was "Calvin & Hobbes," "Garfield," "Asterix & the Gauls," "Tintin Adventures," and "Charlie Brown." I used to sneak into my sister's collection of DC and Marvel comic books and marvel at the inking work. (nice!!) Oh Michael Turner! Your artwork is truly like no other! *sobs*
Ah, whenever I go to Kuala Lumpur, especially at Kinokuniya/Borders, I'll splurge on books until i max out my hundred bills (or until I can no longer carry/handle the weigth of the books)! =_= augh! i should learn more dicipline and self-restraint when i enter bookshops. (but books are so niceee! *_*) Hence, the picture below is an example of what I usually end up with in my hands after spending 2-3 hours in a bookshop. T_T

- Jan 2009 Trip - Manga Books -
Huhuhu.. Its so nice to stack all my books into my bookcases. But when my bookcase is filled, and I start piling up the books on the floor, I know that its a sure sign for me to get rid of books that I haven't touched in a year (donates books to other people with a twinge of hesitant fingers). :P
If you think I don't read novels, think again. I DO read novels, but i'd like to keep that information to myself. :P I especially like paperback books more than hard cover books.
Oh ya, another thing I almost forgot. I developed this "respect" for books over the years, especially during college. If I accidently stepped on a book, I'll quickly apoligise to the book. Hahaha! Its because I regard books as a source of knowledge. :P
Mood:
Muse: Vanilla Love - Lee Hyun Ji ft. Onew (SHINee)


6 comments:
You.......donate your books?? Why do I not know that??!
*starts haunting Serena in hopes of getting a donated book*..... hahahaha!
Hahaha! Ya.. I donated my books some of my books to Jim, and also to SMK Kolombong! XD
Later when I de-clutter my book collection again, I'll let u know. XD
I do have few comics too....
Garfield, Archie....the fun to read graphic novels...there's one chinese comic I use to read last time...I forgot the name...let me think...hmm...
omg! I forgot about Archie Comics. yes~ i read Archie comic books too. i especially like Betty & Veronica double digest books. :) oh and there was Sabrina the Teenage Witch too. XD
must. de. clutter.
!!!
kefuwa: yes! hahahahaah!
must. de. clutter.
Post a Comment